Monday, September 21, 2015

I'm lost?


I don't know about you, but some days are just ordinary.  There are even weeks that I feel like I'm just going through the motions.  It's easy for life to feel like a rut at times.  But I believe that God has more for us than that.

You were created for a unique purpose.

I'm looking forward to facilitating a new Life Group next week called "S.H.A.P.E."  It's about finding your unique purpose for life.




I remember as a student in high school deciding I wanted to learn to play the keyboard.  After a few lessons it became apparent that it was not my unique purpose for my life.  I'm just not musically incline.  I have to follow someone very closely to even clap on beat.

Ephesians 2:10 says, "For we are God's masterpiece.  He has created us anew in Christ Jesus, so that we can do the good things he planned for us long ago."

You have a special assignment from God that only you can accomplish.  Your abilities, interests, talents, gifts, personality, and life experiences should not be wasted.  So what's your next step. Below are a couple of suggestions.
  1. Identify your S.H.A.P.E.  Click here for a great assessment tool.
  2. Start Serving.  If you are serving in an area that does not bring joy or delight, then perhaps you need to consider a switch.
There's this tendency for many of to feel like that you are not good enough.  We even like to compare ourselves to others.  
  • "If only I could lead worship he does."  
  • "I wish I had his outgoing personality."  
  • "I'm just organized enough to do that."
  • "I would serve but what if I fail?"
God doesn't ask us to have it all together before we begin serving Him.  He uses us despite our feelings of being inadequate.  God doesn't make junk.  You are his masterpiece.  You were created for a unique purpose!  




No comments:

Post a Comment