Wednesday, February 4, 2015

I Have Decided to Pass . . . wait I should have . . .

Life is about choices.  Some choices are easy, others are life changing. Some choices only impact you, other choices impact so many people like should I pass the ball or run the ball with 30 seconds left in the Super Bowl! Sorry Seahawk fans.

It's been said that the choices you make dictate the life that you lead.  In Joshua 24:15, Joshua proclaims his choice for his family.  "But if you refuse to serve the Lord, then choose today whom you will serve. Would you prefer the gods your ancestors served beyond the Euphrates?  Or will it be the gods of the Amorites in whose land you now live? But as for me and my family, we will serve the Lord."

Think about the many choices you have to make each day.
  • What should I eat? 
  • What should I wear?
  • What should I watch?
  • Will I exercise today?
  • Will this be the day that I will confront my spouse or my boss or my friend?
  • Will I choose to forgive or will I hold on to my grudge?
  • Will I choose to spend time with the Lord today?
  • Will I take the opportunity today to share my faith with someone?
  • Will I chose to overcome the addiction in my life or will I fall to temptation?
My church is currently going through a teaching series called 'I Have Decided."  People are being encourage to decide to follow, to give, to share, and to love.  These are all choices.  Most of these things don't come naturally to us.  They require work just like staying physically healthy does. Spiritual Growth is also a choice that requires a commitment to work at it.

What step or choice do you need to take to continue to grow spiritually?


No comments:

Post a Comment